Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Happy Christmas to All!


Christmas cards from beloved grandchildren. What a surprise I had when I checked the mailbox the other day!  Cards lovingly made by Sam, aged 9, and Lucy, aged 6.  I love them and will treasure them always.  I love the unabandoned creativity of children, and looking at these cards reminds me of times spent crafting with them both.  My dining room table would be laden with all manner of things for them to use and, due to their fired-up imagination and inventiveness, I have several items made out of all sorts of weird and wonderful bits and pieces.

As I think I've said before, this Christmas will be so different from previous ones. It's our first one in France and we are far away from loved ones.  We are staying with friends on the big day, and overnight, and, while it will be a lovely Christmas in wonderful company, I shall so miss the family, and cooking the Christmas dinner!  I consider myself blessed because my loved ones are happy and healthy, and that thought will be uppermost in my mind over the next few days. So many people in the world have suffered this year, and I count myself very lucky with my lot in life.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

3 comments:

  1. May 2010 bring you much happiness starting with a wonderful reunion in January with your lovely family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you have a blessed and merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have had a good Christmas. Here's wishing you a Happy New Year. Look forward to lots more crocheting!
    hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete