Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cheers!



This is the entrance to one of our favourite vineyards. It is run by a lovely young couple who produce the most fantastic wines. Their Coteaux de Layon, a dessert wine, is superb.  But then, so is everything else they produce. You can sample everything, including the pure grape juice before it has been fermented - truly delicious.  Just over the road, you can see the vines from which the wine is produced - acres and acres of them. Pure bliss!



This is not a very good picture because the light was fading (and I may have sampled just a little bit too much!).








Barrels, boxes


and great big vats!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy I am so pleased I have found your blog. I do not read MSE so often these days with my husband not being well for the last 12 months I do not have as much time as I used to.

    I will read your blog with interest and watch the work you do on your 'Frnech home'

    Take care.

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne and thank you for reading my blog. I am so sorry that your husband is unwell and hope he improves soon.

    with best wishes to you both

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete