Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Quick Update!

It's been ages since I've posted, what with one thing and another, mainly working on the house, and I also lost my internet connection at the weekend - again.  I was able to put it right over the phone with advice from the helpful chappie on the helpline; he's going to send me the instructions so that I can do it myself nex time, hopefully.

I have loads of photos to post of the house and garden but, for now, will post a photo of the tiles we have chosen for the kitchen (yes, it's nearly at the 'prettying-up' stage!)   I love the lavender and olive tiles, but I'm not that mad on the lemon one, but they come in packs of three, so I had no choice in the matter.  They are on order and should be here within ten days.  At the bottom of the photo you can just see the lovely draining board they had in the shop. No, we didn't buy that, although I fell in love with it because it's so very French!


Wool-wise, I've been making squares (for Chalky and Mrs Twins - see their links on the right), a cushion and throw for a chair I'm revamping (not finished yet), and these preemie hats which I will get posted off next week.  They are displayed on a beautiful hand-crocheted double bedspread that I picked up at our one and only charity-type shop here - it's really heavy, and is made up of no less than 672 motifs!  The clever person who made it must have loads of patience and a lot of dedication!

Anyway, the evening sun is going down but it's still casting long shadows over the distant fields, so I'm off with my camera to catch it before it finally sinks.

Thanks for reading and I hope you are all having a lovely day! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for the words on my blog.
    Prettying up stage? That sounds great. Can't wait to see some of your kitchen photos when is all done! The tiles look nice.
    Glad you've found to do a bit of your favourite things too!
    Good weekend to you,
    hugs Suex.
    No problems with your hair then! x

    ReplyDelete