Thursday, March 15, 2012

'Tempus fugit', as they say, (time flies)!

Hopefully, this marks the beginning of regular posting on here. I hope you are all well and enjoying the beautiful weather we have here today in this little corner of France.  There was ice on the birds' water bowl in the garden first thing, but now the temperature has reached around 24 degrees and it's like summer out there.

I post on a forum here that's dedicated to ex-pats, and the first swallows in the area have apparently been sighted, though not yet here in my garden. Last year they arrived on 27th March, and kept us fully entertained until late September/beginning of October, before they took off for warmer climes. I posted this photo last year, but I love it so much, I'm posting it again!  


February:

After three weeks in February of sub-zero temperatures, we  finally had some signs of spring; the mornings still started out cold and sometimes frosty and foggy but, within a few hours, the sun was out and the sky was blue, and everything looked so much better.

For the first time since we moved here almost three years ago, we had some significant snowfall, which looked lovely in the beginning but it lay for so long that we wondered if we'd ever see the grass again!






December:

Until then it had been really mild, completely different from our last two winters here which started around October time. We spent Christmas and New Year in the UK, and it was mild there, too; so mild, we barely needed to wear coats when we went out. After spending the previous two Christmases here in France, where it is very low-key, I was longing for a good old British Christmas, and I wasn't disappointed.  It was wonderful to catch up with family and friends


Here's me with my lovely mum. She's not too well at the moment, but is always in my thoughts and will be even more so on Mothering Sunday this weekend.









One of the reasons I've not been posting regularly is that I've been busy building a website for the work I do, which is freelance writing, mostly online. I thought it was about time I became a bit more business-minded! So far, I just have a few pages on it, but I will be adding samples of my writing over the next few days, and adding a few more pages. I have always loved words and our wonderful language, and I love reading and writing, so to be able to earn doing something I love is great. I'm hoping the website will bring me some more work!  Here's a link to the site so far    http://kathleenpenneyfreelancewriter.weebly.com/

As for the woolly stuff, I have to confess to not having done much of it all lately. We have our house for sale so we've been busy with advertising that. Here's a cheeky link! http://www.fsbo-france.com/admin/index.php?action=edit_my_listings&edit=299   and another link to a building plot we also have for sale  http://www.fsbo-france.com/admin/index.php?action=edit_my_listings&edit=300  There is still a bit of tweaking to do to the house but, hopefully, that won't take long.

Well, that's it for now. I really will try very hard to keep posting on here, now that I am a bit more organised!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comments Kathy on Mrs Twins. I do apologise for not getting to you earlier. Things have been rather hectic with my daughters. My first born but second to leave home has kept us busy these last few weeks and then we have been decorating too!
    Nice to hear all your news and I will be following the links.
    Hope all is well!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments on the blankets kathy. Fiona was just so kind donating these blankets to our group. It's really helping me keep my numbers up at the moment because I'm assembling the Olympic blankets.love and best wishes sue x

    ReplyDelete